Amber N. Giles
1441 NW Great Plains Blvd, Lawton, OK 73505 Phone: (580) 284-7833 email@example.com
Highly educated and dedicated to assisting others work through many daily challenges of life. Leverages finely –honed interpersonal and time management skills to successfully connect with individuals and groups to increase and achieve goals and objectives. Energetic and people oriented with a genuine passion for social work and a well-rounded background in supporting the community at large.
University of Oklahoma, BA Journalism–Public Relations
Dean Honor Roll
Recipient of academic scholarships
Caseworker/Specialist, American Red Cross, Ft. Sill, OK 2012 – Present
Resident Advisor, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 2008 – 2011
Team Leader, ASP Public Relations, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 2009 – 2009
- Exceptional public relations, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; quickly establish positive rapport with people of diverse groups, cultures, and personalities.
- Excellent communication, leadership, human relations, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Played an integral role in the planning, development and implementation for one of Lawton’s leading churches by helping the community stay in touch with what is happening.
- Assisted with military families during emergency situations serving as a connection between the family and the military.
- Partnered with others as they acted as liaison between clients and community resources/agencies to arrange for support in areas of financial/budgeting assistance, education, work and life skills, housing, substance abuse, and child care.
- Formed positive relationships with the community by establishing joint projects involving other agencies, governmental entities and individuals.
- Produced bi-monthly board report improving communications and increasing management accountability.
- Assist families with emergencies; verification of emergency leave information to help military commands make informed decisions, access to financial assistance, confidential counseling, information and referral and other social services
Alpha Lambda Honor Society
Black Student Association
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.